2019 NW Regional Convention
Seattle FRA Branch #18 hosted the 2019 NW Regional Convention on September 6-8, 2019 at the Delta Hotel, 310 Pine St, Everett, WA.
- Regional President Northwest 2019-2020, Bill Hall. He is Past National Chaplain 2014-2015, and a member of Gem State Branch #382.
- Regional Vice President is Shipmate Danny Hunt Gem State Branch #382.
- Regional Secretary/Treasurer is PRPNW Margret (Peg) Burke, Empire Branch #038.
2019 National Convention
(92nd FRA/87th LAFRA National Convention)
The National Convention was held at the Crowne Plaza Memphis East at 2625 Thousand Oaks Blvd, Memphis, TN 38118.
Below are the highlights:
- National President is PNVP Donna M. Jansky, North Shore Branch #031.Navy.
- National Vice President is PRPSW Michael F. (Mick) Fulton, Imperial Beach Branch #289.
- National Executive Director is PRPEC Christopher J. Slawinski, Navy Department Branch #181.
As for Resolutions that were on the convention floor:
- All Resolutions for Honorary membership and Certification for Honorary membership were approved.
- Certificate of Merit Award to Honorary Shipmate James D. Short for over 47years employment at FRA Headquarters and countless hours of serving Branch #181 and for FRA outreach programs.
C&B L Resolutions #1 & 2
- Two (2) resolutions concerning opening membership eligibility to all naval personnel to include Naval Academy midshipmen, NROTC, US Coast Guard Academy, US Merchant Marines, Naval & Marine Corps Midshipmen, Coast Guard Reserve Officers and OCS Personnel were both deemed as Out of Order.
C&B L Resolutions #3
- To allow 50% reduction of Life Membership fees in the month of October was also deemed out of order.
C&BL Resolution #4
- Concerning Section 702 (i) be amended by adding: When the Regional President is absent from the meeting of the National Board of Directors for any reason other than vacancy in the office of Regional President, the National Board of Directors is authorized by a two thirds vote to appoint the Regional Vice President to represent the region with the same authority as the Regional President.
C&BL Resolution #5
- Concerning Section 808(m) be added. “The NED shall review all monthly bank, credit card statements and contract agreement for continuity. If there are any questions, he/she will bring it to the attention of the Finance Officer, and if needed, advise the National President for further review, disposition and/or action(s).” Approved
C&BL Resolution #6
- concerning Section 1101(g) to move Wyoming to the West Coast Region be changed to read Section 1101(g) Northwest Region: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Hawaii, and all branches in the Pacific including those in the Republic of the Philippines.” Approved
C&BL Resolution #7
- concerning Article 13, Section 1312(a) to read: The Branch shall have the authority to interpret and apply the rules as it relates to the Fleet Reserve Association’s Policy and Procedures. Constitution and Bylaws, and Standing Rules in matters pertaining to its Auxiliary. The unit shall submit its bylaws and amendments to the Branch for ratification. Disapproved
Standing Rule Resolution #1
- To name the award for Shipmate of the Year for Veterans Services the “PRPNC Rosemary Posekany Memorial Award”. Approved
2020 National Convention
(93rd FRA/88th LAFRA National Convention)
National Convention 2020 will be sponsored by the Northwest Region and held in Portland, Oregon at:
Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
8235 NE Airport Way
September 27-October 4th, 2020
Rates are: $112/night (3 days prior & 3 days following)
Good accommodations, close to shopping and sites. Watch for future newsletters and make your plans to attend. (Not often do we have a National Convention in our area.)
Be thinking about convention journal adds and raffle/silent auction items.
More information will be coming in November.
2021 National Convention
(94th FRA/89th LAFRA National Convention)
- National Convention 2021 will be held in Birmingham, Alabama.